Killer Natural Bug Spray Recipe with Essential Oils
by Jen Springer
1. We obtain fresh citronella plant (lemon balm, basil, lavender will do too) and pull off all the green stems and leaves.
2. This is then put in a pot, covered with water, and boiled for a few hours.
3. Then strain the leaves and keep the water. Use this to mix with the apple cider vinegar.
4. After mixing up the 50/50 mixture, you can add essential oils to make your own repellent.
5. Add 2 ounces of olive oil or V6 mixing oil.
6. In a 32 oz. sprayer size we add approximately 20 drops of Purification blend, 20 drops of Lavender¸ 20 drops of Lemongrass, 20 drops of Cedarwood, 20 drops of Peppermint, and 20 drops of Eucalyptus Globulus or Radiata. Other insect repelling oils can be used to preference: Myrrh, Idaho Tansy, Patchouly, Vetiver etc.
For mosquitoes add citronella.
For gnats / flies add Idaho tansy & peppermint.
For Japanese beetles (big black ones with barbed legs), just run.
Shake well before spraying. If you are in an area really thick with bugs, increase the essential oil concentration by 5 drops each until you get your desired results.
Need to get your ingredients now? Young Living’s site HERE.
Jen Springer is a Holistic Nutrition Expert who currently serves 10,000 clients. Her approach to health is refreshing and out of the box, yet makes so much sense. Through her entertaining and informative webinars, blog posts, and personal recovery program Let’s Get Physical: Anxiety is NOT All in Your Head, her clients quickly get results even though they’ve spent years of chasing for answers. Jen has been a health educator and practitioner for the last 10 years.